One of the perceived drawbacks of IDPA as a sport is the complexity of it’s rules. Go on any IDPA forum or FB group and you will find long discussions of the minutia of the rules and it doesn’t help that there have been three rulebooks in a span of something like five years. Despite this complexity and occasional confusion, the sport is a ton of fun. For the average shooter it’s really straighforward. Just don’t get lost in the weeds and you’ll be fine. My goal in the next few episodes is to make the rules simple and easy to understand for the new shooter.
Today we will be taking a look at scoring and penalties.
IDPA Rule Book 2017 v3
Use these Links to Support Unload and Show Clear
Our goal is to visit matches around the country to meet more amazing people and share their stories. Your support can help us meet that goal.
- Become a Patron of the Show
- Listen on RadioPublic
- Buy Unload and Show Clear Stickers
- Buy Unload and Show Clear T-Shirts
- Shop at Amazon.
- Shop at GunMagWarehouse.
- Shop Firearms and accessories at Palmetto State Armory.
- Shop at ShootSteel.com
- Shop for everyday cigar deals at Cigar Page
- Get Regular Refills Coffee Subscriptions at the Dunkin’ Donuts Shop!
- Join the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
Get in Touch
- Visit our Contact page and leave us a message!
- Please tell your friends about us, leave an iTunes review, and like us on Facebook
- Join our Facebook group for fans of Unload and Show Clear
- Follow us on Twitter @UnloadC
- And search for us on Instagram
- Check Out More at Our Website
Subscribe and Listen